...that being part of RAL's foster program enables you to help more animals than you ever could if you had to keep them all forever? It's true! So many of our fosters hear this: "I could never do that. It would be too hard to give them up." We'd like to offer a different perspective--straight from our fosters (we'd really like to ask the cats and dogs, but they are pretty tight-lipped about their time away from the shelter).
1. Fostering is a no-risk way to have more animals share your life! You can foster animals you might not even consider adopting because of age or health issues.
2. You get to see what it would be like to have "just one more" in your home.
3. It's a great way to give your own pets more opportunities to socialize and exercise.
4. You and RAL get a much better understanding of the animal's personality. Animals in shelter settings can be nervous or depressed. Many times they blossom in a home environment.
5. Your belief that there are indeed angels among us is continually renewed when you get to meet some of our wonderful adopters!
6. Fosters open up a spot at RAL for another animal to be saved.
7. You realize that the foster animal isn't the lucky you--you are! You get to be a hero in the eyes of a homeless pet!
8. Fosters get to see so many unique personalities develop in their care.
9. Your heart gets lots of exercise!
10. RAL covers all expenses related to fostering.
If you would like to learn more about our foster program, contact us at email@example.com. Fostering helps further our mission of SAVING LIVES: providing hope, help and homes to animals in need.